Saturday, August 18, 2007

Way too busy

Finally got Deadlantern updated.

I've been trying to figure out this fantasy football thing. There doesn't seem to be any handy dandy "Help" section on the Fox Sports site. Apparently, unless we do the draft live online, I'm going to have to manually upload everyone's picks and manage all of them...or something. Don't hate me if I bungle this thing, guys :)

I'm been on a movie overload recently. Tonight I caught The Final Cut on IFC. It stars Robin Williams as a "cutter". In the future, people can get implants in their brain that records all of their memories. When they die, Robin Williams goes through their life and edits a "movie" of their lives to play during their funeral, editing out all of the bad stuff. I thought the premise was fantastic and that the movie was really good. I wish it had focused more on the ramifications of the technology (solving crimes, morality, etc.) rather than on Williams' sort lame backstory, but I think the film is definitely well made and thought provoking. I'd wager that this will be a film a bunch of scholars write about in 10 years.

Alyssa and I rearranged our living room. It's actually livable now and not just a bunch of junk cluttered around. Maybe we can finally have that house warming party now.

There was tons of political stuff I wanted to talk about, but I've been so busy that all of it has left my memory. Maybe next week. Until then, here's 10 more of my favorite movies

11) The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
12) Kiss Me Deadly
13) Head-On
14) Re-Animator
15) Baby Face (1933)
16) The Most Dangerous Game
17) Sleepaway Camp II
18) Heat Lightning
19) Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
20) The Thing

No comments: