Monday, August 27, 2007

Another boring semester

The fall semester is upon me and I've set up all my classes to be back-to-back on Tuesday and Thursday, giving me 5 days off a week. Classes:

Ancient Roman Religion
World Politics
Gender and Communication
Aesthetics

I'm kind of worried about my philosophy class. I've only ever heard horror stories about college philosophy courses so hopefully I won't have to explain the nuances of the Socratic Dialogue in some New Age way.

I posted a review of Entrails of a Virgin over at Deadlantern. I'm having a great time sticking screencaps in the reviews. I think it adds a much needed visual element and makes the reviews more interesting to read. Of course, I could be wrong about that. Hopefully everyone else is getting a kick out of them. There were some better screencaps for Entrails, but I'm not sure how much we can "get away with" so I decided against showing some of the more racier stuff. Still, I think the theme of the film comes across just fine :)

I am really tossing around the idea of trying to get a Public Access show started. I think it would be a fantastic way to get our name out there locally and could be a lot of fun to do. Imagine Deejay as some mad scientist in front of a green screen introducing old horror films. It would be great, and probably pretty simple to do. Once again, lots of ideas floating around that will probably never come to fruition.

Now, off to watch Employees' Entrance while my laundry is going...

No comments: