Friday, October 19, 2007

I Kant take it anymore

Most stressful day of school ever. Yesterday I had a midterm exam in Political Science, a Philosophy exam, and a paper in Communication.

Immanuel Kant is my enemy. Not only did I have to write an in-class essay on his somewhat complicated theory on beauty and the sublime, but the dude popped up in my PolySci class as well forcing me to write another huge essay on liberalism and the Kantian Trinity of Democratic Peace, Economic Interdependence and IGO's. Ugh. At least it's over and I feel confident about how I did, but still, I was up all damn night trying to wrap my brain around this guy.

I remember when Florida State-Miami used to be the biggest game of the year, every year. Now nobody cares except the fans of each team. As far as a Seminole fan like myself is concerned, we can lose every game this year...as long as we don't lose to Miami. Speaking of bad football teams, I'm reveling in the misery of the Cornhuskers. Tom Osborne has been brought in to save the team, and considering stories like this, it shouldn't be too long before Callahan is out of work again. Which begs the question: If Nebraska goes on a great run and makes it to a decent bowl, will Callahan still be fired? Word on the street is "Yes" and that Osborne will hire Turner Gill. Which begs the question: Is Nebraska going to junk the West Coast Offense and go back to the Option with Osborne and Gill at the helm? Should be an interesting year in Lincoln.

I got sent a DVD called "Heartland Horrors" which is an anthology of short films from the midwest. I actually was sent two of them, so I'll be giving one away on Splattercast 50. I also ordered a bunch of cheap horror dvd's to give out as well. We've already had a bunch of people e-mail us about Splatterpiece Theatre with the correct answer. I'll have to make this week's a little tougher. I've also noticed that there is some German site called Nerdcore or something that regularly links to Deadlantern, I found that kind of strange. Ah well, the more viewers the merrier I suppose.

No comments: