Sunday, October 28, 2007

Here comes another busy week...


I'm sitting here trying to come up with questions to ask Uwe Boll. I wanted to make sure I knew how to correctly pronounce the guy's name and luckily for me, I found this great clip of Mr. Boll actually telling some haters how to say it correctly. Good thing I found that site, because I've been saying OOO-VAY this entire time.

I'm pretty nervous about this. Uwe Boll definitely isn't some huge celebrity or anything, but it still feels a little intimidating to be talking to someone who is so recognized the world over. I've only ever done interviews through e-mail, so actually speaking with someone "famous" is going to be a first. I hope I have the courage to channel my inner Chris Matthews and confront him with some "tough" questions :)

Who are those striking football players clad in evil black uniforms? Those be the Seminoles, fresh off their 25-6 beating of Duke. I watched this game and came to the realization, somewhat abruptly, that there is a hell of a lot of talent on FSU's team. The one glaring weakness is the horribly spotty QB play. Neither Drew Weathorford nor Xavier Lee seems able to bring it all together. For example, against Duke in the first half, the Noles were in the red zone 4 times and came out of it with 9 points. We can move the ball, we just can't score. And now comes the brutal part of the schedule: @ #2 Boston College, @ Virginia Tech, Marlyand, and @ Florida. A betting man would say that the only reasonable victory would be Maryland, and even that isn't a sure thing. I'm predicting an upset this weekend, as FSU will go into BC's house and beat them. We only need 1 win to be bowl eligible. Still, next year look's like it could be a return to form, as the schedule gets decidedly easier and we get a bunch of stellar recruits coming in.

By the way, if you're wondering why the black uniforms, every year for one game the university honors the Seminole Indian Tribe for being the only tribe never to have signed a treaty with the United States. The slogan is "Unconquered" and it's to pay respect to the traditions of the Seminole people.

Meanwhile, Nebraska is mired in a blackhole of suck. Here's the way you defeat Nebraska: spread them out with 4 wide receivers, go into shotgun, and then run down their throats. How can one guy put up 200 yards and 3 TD's in a single quarter on a defense? Can you imagine what the score would have been if Texas had done that from the get go instead of trying their hardest to pass all over the place? Still, I think Nebraska has enough in the tank to knock off Kansas, who is overrated in my opinion.

I have two more tests this week: Communication and Philosophy. I'm getting real sick of constant exams. I can't wait for college to be over with. At least we're talking about film in Philosophy now. Even though I bitch about it all the time, I've aced all of my philosophy exams and my paper on Psychical Distance and Halloween. Philosophy really is easy when you think about it. All it is is some guys arguing an opinion. As long as you have the nuts and bolts of what they are trying to say nailed down, it's pretty easy to grasp the concepts.

I thought I was going to lose this week's Dead Lantern Fantasy Football game. I felt Steve clearly had the upperhand in terms of matchups. Unfortunately for everybody, Tom Brady is on my team and as long as he's giving me 5 TD's per game, it's going to take an awful lot to beat me on most days. Of course, I'm going to go out in the first week of the playoffs by a lucky game from someone because the regular season apparently means nothing. I'm a very competitive person when I'm involved in something (even something just for fun, like this) and I've taken quite the interest Fantasy Football, trying to figure out how it all works, what the best matchups are, etc. For never doing anything like this before, I'm pleased that I seem to be picking it up so well. But heaven help those around me if some joke punks me out of the playoffs because all my guys are riding the pine in order to save themselves for the real NFL playoffs. Where's the justice? :)

Anyway, I should get back to compiling Uwe Boll questions. It should be an interesting Splattercast #50...

No comments: