Sunday, September 2, 2007

Go Noles!


College football season started this past weekend, but for me, it starts tonight. Florida St. vs. Clemson on national tv, labor day. I'm a huge Seminoles fan and long gone are the glory days of the 90's when we were winning 12 games a year, beating Nebraska, and winning national championships. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke kicked our ass this year. Anyways, since FSU has sucked the hard one the past few years, I rarely get a chance to watch their games. However, tonight I'll get to see just how much we've "improved" with Jimbo Fisher and all the other new coaches at the helm. For the record, I think FSU will struggle to have a winning record this year. The schedule is brutal and unless Drew Weatherford magically becomes the second coming of Chris Weinke, I don't see us winning more than 5 games. Still, I can't wait to watch it!

Also tomorrow night, one of my all-time favorite movies ever is on TCM, La Jetee. It's 28 minutes of pure awesomeness and brilliance. Terry Gilliam later remade it as the hack job 12 Monkeys. Everybody that reads this blog is here in Nebraska, so I'd recommend you guys check it out tonight. It's on at 7 p.m. on Turner Classic Movies.

Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween was utterly abysmal. I can't even fathom how somebody can defend it on the basis of quality. It's just unbelievably bad. Even I didn't think Zombie could make something that poor. On the brightside, it's now blatantly obvious who intelligible movie critics are. This is one of those movies that is so bad that anyone giving it a positive rating must not know jack shit about what a good movie is. It's become easy to see the critics in the pocket of the studios and any self-respecting horror fan that thinks this film is good is delusional an not to be trusted.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I agree about the critics reviewing Halloween. I read those handful of "fresh" reviews on the RT page, and I was just flabbergasted. I mean, I totally believe that different people can see things differently (i.e. our F13 debate) but Zombie's re-make was so atrocious that anyone who praises it is, quite simply, full of crapola.

Side note, we should have brought you over to Spooky's on Saturday night. Brady and Deejay argued about the environment for a couple hours, you would have dug it LOL.

MaT said...

I was going to ask for one of you to come get me, but you mentioned you'd all been drinking, so alas, i missed out :)