Wednesday, September 5, 2007

And just like that....


...we're out of the top 25. Watching the FSU-Clemson game was excruciating. I didn't think Florida St. would win (brand new offense and coaches, opening with an ACC game on the road at the loudest stadium in the country, same shitty quarterback as last year) but I didn't expect them to look that bad either. Particularly the offense. I mean, there's no way they could suck worse than last year with Jeff Bowden right? Wrong. They had 1 first down the entire first half and had like 50 yards of total offense. This is going to be a long ass season....


I've sort of made it my mission to review every single horror film from the 1930's for Deadlantern. If my investigations are correct, there were 42 horror movies released in the 30's that have been available on vhs or DVD at one time or another. I have most of them on DVD, but I plan on trying (if possible) to track down the others. Most horror sites never focus on these early films, mostly because audiences today just don't have the patience to watch them. That's sad. I suppose if my reviews get one or two people to watch these movies when they otherwise wouldn't, then that is a success. Look for some Mummy reviews coming soon...

The Dead Lantern Football League starts tomorrow when Indy takes on New Orleans. I'm playing against Carlin's team this weekend, so I'll be keeping a close eye on how Marvin Harrison and Marques Colston do. I don't have any players on either the Colts or the Saints, but if Harrison and Colston put up a ton of TD's, I'm going to have some serious ground to make up come Sunday. Jeremy just dropped Jeff Garcia for the Denver defense. Sucks for me since my top WR, Lee Evans, is going against them this weekend. We'll see what happens. Expect trash talk and an update on Monday's Splattercast.

No comments: