Thursday, December 13, 2007

Woo hoo! School's almost out!


Oh happy day! Writing papers doesn't bother me...except when they have to be 15-20 pages long. I've got 3 finals next week and then the semester will be over. On sucky thing is that my last final is next friday at 8 in the morning. I'm so close to finishing school I can taste it!

Hillary Clinton apologized to Barack Obama earlier today for her drug story hit job on him. Anybody that follows politics in any meaningful way, even superficially, doesn't believe that she had no idea this was going to happen. I've said before that I used to think the portrayal of her as some great evil were overblown, but I'm really beginning to despise this woman. I think I'm starting to understand why so many conservatives hate this woman. Regardless of whether or not you support Obama's views, I don't think anyone can honestly say the guy is some conniving force of evil. In the unfortunate event that Hillary is elected in the primaries, I'll be writing in Obama as my selection next November. As for that picture....don't they say the Sith always come in pairs?

:)

I was supposed to get Dog Soldiers from Netflix last week. It still hasn't arrived. I've reported it, but that's one less Christmas horror film that I'll get to watch this weekend. I think I might head to Audio Visual this weekend to see if they have the Silent Night, Deadly Night collection on VHS. 5 for $5 is where it's at

There's been a interest in my idea for Super Smash Casters. The idea is that all the different horror podcasts will play Smash Bros. Brawl each week and trash talk the hell out of/promote each other each week. I think this could be great with the proper planning. Looking forward to it.

I was doing some investigation into illegal immigration with my professor and came to an interesting "bigger picture" point. Most people know that European populations are declining due to lower birth rates. The long term effects of this are devastating as the population grows older and there are less working age people. But did you know, the same thing is happening to the population here in the U.S.? Our country is essentially "break even" in terms of birth/death rates. Ironically, the U.S. is not having the same problem as the European countries. Why? Because immigrants both legal and illegal are replacing the affected population. Therefore, in a bigger picture future scenario, the U.S. will hypothetically be less affected by a power reduction precisely because illegal immigration is continually renewing a working class population. Weird, huh?

I have no idea if this is true or not, but just goes to show, the government is everywhere :)

No comments: