Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 is here


I finally got my copy of Stephen Tower's Nightmare USA. This is the biggest book I've ever owned in my life. It's 527 pages, coffee table sized, and weighs probably 6 or 7 pounds. It's enormous. The book, from Fab Press, covers American independent horror from 1970-1985. There are literally hundreds of films that Tower covers in depth in here. Everything from your typical Last House on the Left to stuff like Microwave Massacre. It's going to take me days to read through all the info in here. On top of that, it is chock full of photographs. I can't wait to dive into it.

After hanging out with some friends, I came home and watched a few episodes of the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci-Fi channel. It's sort of amazing the quality in these old episodes. It makes you wonder why there can't be something like that on nowadays. I never watched any of the TZ relaunch they did a few years back. I read some reviews claiming it was pretty abysmal. Would it really be that hard to do a half-hour show like TZ in today's day and age? Heck, even put it in black and white. I would watch that.

Florida State lost their bowl game today. I didn't watch it, but I'm sure the fact they didn't have 36 players because of cheating and injuries didn't help their cause. It looks like next year will be Bobby Bowden's final year. The schedule gets easier, but we're still stuck with the same shitty quarterback situation. Things don't look promising.

The Des Moines Register poll is showing Obama opening up a lead on Hillary. Every other poll shows this way closer so it may not be trustworthy. It should be noted, though, that the Des Moines Register poll was the only poll to correctly predict the winning order last time around, for whatever that's worth. Thursday's going to be an exciting day. I plan on getting some pizza, kicking back, and watching the results. Is it really going to be as close as the pundits think or will there be a big separation when the final results are in? Will the youth actually show up for Obama? Can't wait to find out.

Overall, 2007 was a pretty good year for me. I'm hoping 2008 brings some big things. I'm now officially a Senior (ended up with an A- in my Politics class) and look forward to my final semester and a half of college (f**k my last two Spanish classes, argh!). I've also got grand plans for Outpost Doom. It's going to be interesting....

No comments: