Thursday, December 6, 2007

Crunch time

I've got 7 days to write 4 papers. 3 of which need to be about 8 pages, the other needs to be 15-20. This is going to be the suckiest week I've had in a long, long time. On the brightside, I think I aced two more exams this afternoon and had a fun time reading to my Gender and Communication class the sex tips offered by Seventeen magazine, which included telling a girl what an orgasm was. In case you're wondering, Seventeen magazine claimed an orgasm was "Like a sneeze, only it feels great!"

A couple polls that came out have shocked some people. In one, Obama is essentially tied with Clinton in South Carolina, and the other shows him within 6 points of Hillary in New Hampshire. People are wondering why he isn't attacking the crap out of Hillary, but his message seems to be catching fire. Is it too little, too late? We'll see, but it's ads like this that bring people to his cause, I think. It's kind of weird to see a non-attack ad in a race this close.



Kudos to the person who put this together. They hit up that swelling orchestral score for max "goosebump" points. It reminds me of his big speech at the DNC a few years back that put him "on the map". I've already heard accusations of "cheese!" in regards to the ad, but at least it's positive while still taking a high road swipe at Hillary in the process, which is always a good thing :)

Find out what all the hype is about at BarackObama.com

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Yeah, great ad. My favorite part is how it SAYS NOTHING ;)

I like the line about "our planet is in peril", though. Sounds like he's getting ready to lead Red Squadron into the Death Star.

MaT said...

Actually, it says "I'll unite the country better than Hillary"

It says: "If you vote Hillary, it's going to be 4 more years like the past 16...nobody really wants that, right?"