Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas: Wherein I Brag about all my Christmas Loot


Christmas is finally over. I'm so glad. Between the family bickering, sheer boredom of two days in Grand Island, and general annoyance factor of having to be in the vicinity of people I can't stand, it's amazing I didn't kill my self. One salvation was getting a much needed excuse to leave my grandma's house and hang out with Jeff and Steve. We caught Aliens vs. Predator and recorded a Splattercast which was a lot of fun. So did I score a bunch of great swag to compensate for putting up with family fighting all weekend? Here's a rundown of what I got:

Digital Camera w/ memory card
2 Wii Zappers
2 Wii 2000 point Cards
Wii Classic Controller
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Guitar Hero III
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Live Free or Die Hard
A big ass Griddle
Aunt Jemima syrup and Pancake Mix
Calculator
Electric Blanket
2 Packages of Socks
Countless shirts and sweatshirts I'll never wear
An FSU t-shirt and hoodie
3 much needed new towels
2 Pairs of gloves
2 packages of Lil' Dutch Maid cookies
1 Coca-Cola mug stuffed with cherry candies

Considering that I only asked for the Griddle, I'd say I came out ahead. I've played all the way through Guitar Hero on the easy setting and have come to the conclusion that I hate almost every song on there. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of any song that I liked (actually, I just thought of Welcome to the Jungle and Bulls on Parade). The moral of the story is that I have no real desire to play through the game again on the higher difficulty settings. I suppose if any of my friends want to play online, I'd be up for a match, but I just could give a shit about unlocking new guitars or playable characters, y'know? Maybe it's more fun as a party game?

I'm currently reading through Cinema Sewer. It's pretty great if you're into reading old fanzines. The book is a compilation of the best of the first 12 issues. I'd always heard about the magazine, but never had the opportunity to take a look. Wouldn't it be great if Fangoria or GoreZone put out a big compilation book of their old issues? Fangoria has that famous "Order our back issues" page at the end of its issues, but god, early issues are just way too expensive for my taste. If I could pay twenty bucks and get the collected reprinted issues in book form, I would gladly throw down money for that. Comic books already do this with graphic novel collections, why not Fango or GoreZone?

I'm off to get ready for Dead Politics.

No comments: